Harry & Meghan

Meghan Markle Reportedly Reaches Out to Hospitals in Effort to Contact Her Father Thomas

Meghan Markle has reportedly been phoning hospitals in an effort to reach her father, Thomas Markle, after learning that his leg had been amputated, according to sources close to the Duchess.

The Duchess of Sussex is said to have personally called multiple hospitals in the Philippines in an urgent attempt to identify the hospital logo visible on her father’s gown in published photographs. Mr Markle, 81, is understood to have undergone an emergency operation this week in which his leg was removed.

Meghan previously had no option but to email her father to try to make contact after the surgery, as she no longer has a working phone number for him — a situation stemming from their estrangement in the lead-up to her 2018 royal wedding.

Meghan and her dad Thomas, picturеd together when she was a teenagеr

But sources say Thomas Markle does not currently have access to his phone and is therefore unreachable. Meghan has reportedly asked her PR team to contact journalists from certain publications who are in touch with her father, hoping to obtain his address or location so she can send him a handwritten letter. So far, those requests have gone unanswered.

Thomas Markle, 81, underwent a gruelling three-hour surgery on Wednesday to remove a blood clot that had caused his leg to turn “blue and black,” resulting in the amputation of his left foot and lower leg. According to his son, Thomas Jr., he has been in the intensive care unit of a hospital in Cebu, in the south-central Philippines, since Tuesday.

READ MORE: King Charles and Queen Camilla Mark a Fresh Start with a Strongly Symbolic 2025 Christmas Card

Thomas Markle, 81, rеportedly had his left leg amputated aftеr developing a blood clot

He told the Daily Mail: “I took him to a local hospital and they did some scans and an ultrasound and said the leg had to be amputated. There was no option. I was told the leg had to be removed and it was a case of life or death.”

Later in the week, the Duchess of Sussex reportedly emailed her father in an effort to “reach out,” but the message went unseen because it was sent to an address he has not used in five years. The pair have not been in contact since a dispute shortly before Meghan’s 2018 wedding to Prince Harry.

Meghan’s aides later clarified that if Thomas is willing to provide an updated email address, her message will be forwarded to him. A source close to the Duchess said: “The Mail made no attempt to contact the Duchess’ team prior to publication to verify the claims in their report. Had they asked — particularly in light of the quotes they relied upon from Mr Markle and hospital staff — we would simply have told them to ask Mr Markle to check his email.”

Source

The Royal Story

Recent Posts

Meghan Markle’s Response to Princess Kate’s Italy Visit Sparks Fresh Feud Speculation

Catherine, Princess of Wales recently arrived in northern Italy for her first overseas visit since…

4 days ago

Princess Kate Touches Down in Italy Alone as She Begins Major ‘Gear Change’ Visit

Catherine, Princess of Wales has arrived in Italy for her first overseas engagement in several…

7 days ago

Princess Kate Shares Relatable Daily Ritual With Family’s New Puppy Otto

Catherine, Princess of Wales recently revealed that she and her family have welcomed a new…

2 weeks ago

Duchess Sophie Turns Heads as She Launches Garden Party Season in Bold 2026 Style

Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh attended her first Buckingham Palace Garden Party of 2026 on Wednesday…

2 weeks ago

Princess Charlotte Seen as Proof William and Kate’s Big Plan Is Working

Mastering the art of a royal walkabout—and winning over crowds—usually takes years of practice. But…

3 weeks ago

What Really Happened Behind Meghan Markle’s ‘Difficult’ Time in Royal Life

Meghan Markle sparked conversation over the weekend after sharing a personal reflection about what she…

3 weeks ago